With a refreshed exterior, enhanced interior, the latest Pivi Pro infotainment, new vehicle architecture and a choice of powerful and efficient engines – including an advanced Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) powertrain – the new Jaguar E-PACE is more assertive, connected, refined and efficient than ever.
The new P300e PHEV powertrain combines the 147kW 1.5-litre three-cylinder Ingenium petrol engine and an 80kW Electric Rear Axle Drive (ERAD) motor. It provides the ability to drive up to 55km in zero emissions EV mode, with combined CO2 emissions from 44g/km and fuel economy as low as 2.0l/100km (WLTP TEH combined).
Inside, customers benefit from the latest Pivi Pro infotainment, which provides intuitive control of the vehicle systems with simplified menus and enhanced connectivity, including Software-Over-The-Air (SOTA) updates.
The exterior design enhancements give Jaguar’s compact performance SUV a more assertive stance and luxurious appearance. At the front the changes include a revised lower aperture incorporating a distinctive blade element. A new grille mesh design with diamond detailing is influenced by the Jaguar heritage logo and features a contemporary Noble Chrome finish, while new side fender vents feature the iconic Leaper emblem.
New all-LED headlights feature ‘Double J’ Daytime Running Light (DRL) signatures, which are available with optional Pixel LED technology, delivering increased resolution and brightness. Adaptive Driving Beam capability evaluates the road ahead and automatically adapts the high beam pattern by selecting different LED segments to mask oncoming traffic or traffic signs, to optimise visibility and reduce glare without distracting other drivers.
Advanced LED technology is fitted to S models, while Premium LED headlights with Auto High Beam Assist feature on SE and HSE vehicles. The technology uses the forward-facing camera to automatically switch between high and low beam, to avoid dazzling oncoming drivers. Rear Animated Directional Indicators are standard on S, SE and HSE models with front Animated Directional Indicators fitted to SE and HSE derivatives.
At the rear, the lower bumper features a new mesh insert which sits between the integrated tail pipes that are standard with four-cylinder petrol engines. All other engine derivatives gain new slim horizontal blade finishers. The all-LED rear lights are inspired by the all-electric
I-PACE and feature Jaguar’s chicane graphic, showcasing the advanced technology and modernity of the overall design.
In purposeful R-Dynamic specification, the new E-PACE features a series of distinct design elements for a more performance-focused look, while all models are available with the additional Black Exterior Pack, which delivers an even more dynamic appearance with bespoke elements finished in Narvik Black.
The interior of the new E-PACE features heightened luxury, enhanced connectivity and greater refinement.
At the heart of the new interior is the integrated 11.4-inch curved-glass HD touchscreen at the centre of the dashboard, which controls the new Pivi Pro infotainment system. Chemically strengthened, the glass screen features two coatings; one which is anti-glare and a second which resists fingerprints.
Plug-in power and performance
New E-PACE utilises Jaguar’s Premium Transverse Architecture, which has been designed and engineered to accommodate the latest electrified powertrain technologies. This includes the new three-cylinder P300e PHEVpowertrain as well as the next-generation four-cylinder diesel and latest petrol Ingenium engines.
Advanced features include intelligent All-Wheel Drive and smooth-shifting automatic transmissions, ensuring the new E-PACE delivers the confidence-inspiring dynamics, traction and refinement expected from a Jaguar.
The new engine line-up comprises:
- D200 147kW 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbo, nine-speed automatic, AWD
- P250 184kW 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbo, nine-speed automatic, AWD
- P300 221kW 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbo, nine-speed automatic, AWD
- P300e 227kW PHEV 1.5-litre three-cylinder turbo, eight-speed automatic, AWD
The advanced 1.5-litre three-cylinder petrol engine is the latest member of the modular, flexible Ingenium engine family, and is available in E-PACE with PHEV technology.
- Introducing New E-PACE: Enhanced interior and exterior with advanced connectivity, new vehicle architecture and efficient Plug-in electric vehicle powertrain
- Enhanced exterior: Aerodynamically optimised bumper, revised lower apertures and state-of-the-art LED headlights combine with new grille design for an assertive presence
- Crafted interior: Upgraded interior features intuitive new Pivi Pro infotainment, exquisite details and contemporary design to create a tranquil cabin
- All-electric driving: New three-cylinder petrol PHEV provides all-electric range of up to 55km*, combined CO2 emissions from 44g/km*, and is capable of a 0-80 per cent charge in as little as 30 minutes
- Always connected: Jaguar’s sophisticated Pivi Pro dual-sim set-up is accessed through an all-new 11.4-inch HD curved-glass touchscreen
- Always up-to-date: Software-Over-The-Air capability ensures latest vehicle systems and infotainment are installed and updated seamlessly and remotely
- Occupant wellbeing: Cabin air ionisation with PM2.5 filtration captures ultrafine particles and allergens for improved air quality inside
- New Premium Transverse Architecture: New vehicle architecture delivers enhanced refinement and improved ride comfort while maximising the compact performance SUV’s agility
- Intelligent all-wheel drive: Mated to smooth shifting automatic transmissions – Jaguar’s all-wheel drive system features Intelligent Driveline Dynamics, and now has driveline disconnect as standard for improved efficiency
- 300 SPORT: The range topping E-PACE 300 SPORT features Active Driveline AWD and Adaptive Dynamics as standard, and can reach 0-100km/h in 6.9 secs
- Available in South Africa in the first half of 2021