You know how some guys talk about fatherhood about how:
”I’m going to be a good father, I’m going to be there for my kids and support them and and and….”
Do you know that vibe?
Here’s the fine print that no one tells you about:
– Being a ‘good father’ comes at a cost.
– The world won’t stop to accommodate your ‘good father-dom’.
– No one owes you anything for being a ‘good father’. Not even your kids.
– Being a ‘good father’ involves making some of the hardest decisions you will ever make.
– Being a ‘good father’ is a decision that you make every single day.
– Deciding to be a ‘good father’ will not make parenting easier. You won’t automatically know what to do.
– Being a ‘good father’ doesn’t mean you will never hurt your children.
I put ‘good father’ in inverted commas because it means different things to different people.
Is there a bright side? Yes. It’s up to you to decide what that is. It is what you make it be.